Roasted Artichokes and Prosciutto
Big Heart Artichoke and Parmesan Soup
Home made Potato Chips with Fleur de Sel and Parmigiano
Peach Cobbler with Spicy Rum
– I didn’t do a very good job choosing the artichoke but otherwise the recipe is really good.
– I added carrots “chips” to the soup. It works.
– I used only brown sugar for the Peach Cobbler and added strawberries and red plum. Served with Bourbon Praline Pecan Ice Cream from Haagen Dazs
Seared Scallops with Bacon Marmalade – I paired it with a White Burgundy (Pouilly-Fuisse 2013) and I regret nothing.
I bought two pounds of fresh scallops so that’s what I’m going to eat this weekend mostly…
Made a cake for the yearly cheese fondue party 🙂
Base: Genoise & Caramel Syrup
Filing: Swiss Butter Cream mixed with Nutella
Frosting: Dark Chocolate Ganache
New bread. This time with 25% wheat flour, 80% bread flour + sunflower, chia, sesame, and flax seeds + some organic bulgur wheat
- Hike along th South Mesa Trail near Boulder, Colorado
- Photos of the Full Moon from last night
- Also, trying out my new bread machine (Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso) with this recipe
Flour 447g Bob’s Red Mill Artisan Bread
Heavy Cream 40ml Horizon Organic
Salt 10g Morton Sea Salt
Yeast 9g SAF Red Instant Yeast
Salted Butter 45g European Style Salted Butter
Diastatic Malt Powder 10g King Arthur
Trying do make a “Pâté en croûte” for the first time.
I took some random recipe from the web. Not necessarily the best one. It’s good though.
Following loosely this recipe:
Trying a meatloaf recipe for the first time. Not super subtle but delicious comfort food.
One of my favorite pastry chef just turned 30 so I figure it would be a good opportunity for me to bake something for the party. I believe she was pleased.
The stripes on the side are a bit more subtle than I wanted though.
Lemon zest genoise filled with a mix of lemon buttercream and lemon cream.
Top with yellow almond paste and orange tuiles.
I also made some meringue, sugar work and other tuile cookies but ended up not using any of that really.
Thin 3 inch tall sides made of genoise + tuiles dough (up side down here)
After filling, placing the side around the cake and topping with almond paste:
Final touch with lemon drops and some orange tuiles
– May 6, 2018
Making Croissants for the first time in a while…